Saturday, December 7, 2013

Interview with Lilian Roberts, Author of the popular "Immortal Rapture Series"

I'm delighted to welcome Lilian Roberts to my blog for a very interesting interview. Lilian is the author of the popular "Immortal Rapture Series". 


Hello Lilian, and welcome!

Hi Angel, I’m happy to be here.


Question No 1:
Please give us in a short paragraph a summary of your book.

College co-ed Arielle Lloyd is on holiday with her immortal love, Sebastian Gaulle, when they receive word of a dreadful accident. Her dear friend Gabrielle hovers near death. But it’s much worse for her beloved friends, Eva and Ian. In spite of Eva’s magical abilities, their lives have been cut tragically short.
Troy Vasser’s only love is Gabrielle, but on the night of the accident, his deepest concern is for their dying friends. While the life force within Ian and Eva flickered dangerously low, Troy had to make a hard choice. He could either let them die or lose their humanity and live as immortals. So he did the only thing he could: he gave them immortality. Now it is up to Arielle to break the news to Eva before the transformation is complete.
Danger continues to stalk Arielle’s life. Unknown to her, her new professor is an immortal, and he is furious when he discovers that Arielle is wearing an amulet, that should be owned by immortals only. Sebastian’s nemesis, Annabel, has also not given on up on her quest to destroy Arielle. What Annabel doesn’t realize is that Arielle’s circle of friends has drastically changed. There are two newly minted immortals that adore her and have vowed to protect her.


Question No 2: 
Are any of the characters or situations used in your book based on real life experiences?

I wish I could say yes, but I can’t. However, I have experienced passion and desire to wait for the right things to cross my path and reach my goal.


Question No 3:
What do you want readers to take away from your book? (What would you like your readers to grasp)?

I think that when you go with your passion and your vision, you are eventually going to achieve that which will make you happy. When your heart steers you toward your dream, don’t procrastinate, run toward it with every ounce of strength in your body and mind. Arielle accepted Sebastian for who he was, because her heart told her that he was the only man that would make her complete.


Question No 4:
Could you share a little about you?

I am an engineer for a large corporation; I am a wife and a mother. I am an avid reader. I turned my love of reading into a passion for writing, and have published four out of eight volumes in the Immortal Rapture Series. Arielle: Immortal Awakening, Arielle Immortal Seduction, Arielle Immortal Passion, and Arielle Immortal Quickening. In September of this year, I was offered a book deal with a 5 year contract from Booktrope Publishing Company in Seattle. Needless to say that I’m delighted to be part of such an amazing company.


Question No 5:
Please, describe your writing style. Do you create an outline first and write the book based on that, or do you start writing the first sentence that comes to mind and go on from there?

My style of creating a story may not be the norm, but then that’s me. I actually pick the location and my characters first. Then I build the story around them. I am a very emotional individual, so I throw my own emotions into the story and try to feel what my characters feel. I try to convey emotion as well as engrossing the reader into my story. I want them to fall in love with the characters and leave them wanting more.


Question No 6:
Please, describe your writing environment.

I have a private office with all my books, my music, my computer and everything that inspires me to put my thoughts on paper. I love to write very late at night with music on. Music is a must; it is in every fiber of my being. Somehow, stimulation comes in abundance in an environment without distractions, just my computer and me. I write until I am tired and drained and need to get to bed.


Question No 7:
Do you use a pen name and if so, why?

I use a pen name because I like my privacy.


Question No 8: 
What kind or books/genres are your favorites?

I love Paranormal/Romance, Historical Romance, Mystery, and Suspense.


Question No 9:
When did you start to write?

I started a long time ago, but I never thought of publishing anything at all. It took a lot of courage and a lot of push from my family and friends to put my thoughts out there for everyone to see.  


Question No 10:
What current projects are you working on?

I am trying to finish books seven and eight in the Immortal Rapture Series. I will have it all done by next year. Booktrope will be re-publishing the books under their label one at a time.


Question No 11:
Who is your favorite author?

Jane Austen.  She was a brilliant writer and a world renowned English author. I have read all of her books, and I am not sure I can say which one I prefer, because I love them all. I have read each one of them numerous time, and I keep Pride and Prejudice on my desk. That is my all time favorite.


Question No 12:
How many books have you written?

I have written nine books. Eight are part of the Immortal Rapture Series. The ninth book is a stand alone novel of Historical Romance. It needs a lot of tweaking until it is finished, but I am looking to finish it in 2014.


Do you have a website where we can keep up with your work?


How can we follow you on Twitter and/or Facebook?



No comments:

Post a Comment