Saturday, May 17, 2014

My review of "The Necklace of Goddess Athena" by Effrosyni Moschoudi


May 17, 2014
5 of 5 stars
I breathlessly followed this amazing story, page after page… It took me to magical places and reminded me of known facts while at the same time introduced me to new ones.

Being a native Athenian, I thoroughly enjoyed “seen” my hometown under a new light – a masterful intermingling of today’s modern city with its rich historical and mythological background.

I was glued to the pages by the author’s vivid descriptions and her beautiful, almost poetic way of writing. This book had it all: adventure, excitement, suspense, mystery, fantasy and of course, romance. I laughed, and I cried, as the story of Phevos, Ksenia, Daphne, and Manos unfolded before my eyes. The novel was also enriched by a cast of very interesting characters, especially their parents and Mrs. Sofia.

I enjoyed immensely this breath of fresh air in the time travel fantasy genre.

Highly recommended!



No comments:

Post a Comment