Saturday, July 26, 2014

Do you ever feel guilty?

Life can be pretty demanding, and there are unbelievably many things we need to take care of, every single day. Most of the time, I feel overwhelmed… I feel that twenty-four hours in a day are not enough.

Being an author, blogger, mother, wife, and caretaker for my elderly father who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, it just seems that there is not enough time to do everything that I need to do, and sometimes, I have to let things go… important things, not to mention fun.

And then, I feel guilty… I feel guilty that I pass on the opportunity to have some fun with my four-year-old son, in order to take my dad to a doctor’s appointment. I feel guilty that I pass on the opportunity to spend some time with my husband, in order to finish my next book… and so on and so forth. Torn apart, and feeling guilty…

I was wondering whether I’m the only one who feels that way or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment