Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Unbelievable! An old remedy to naturally relieve a cough!

I don’t usually post about things like that. However, this was so incredible that I just had to share it with you.

I’ve been suffering from a terrible cough for almost three weeks. My chest, throat, and head hurt from coughing, I’ve lost my voice, and I haven’t been able to sleep.

Some days ago, my great aunt reminded me of an old remedy. I didn’t pay attention at first, but after having tried every cough syrup and throat drops in the market, I was desperate.

I took a cup of tsipouro (*), warmed it up a little bit, and mixed it with a tablespoon of honey. When it cooled off, I tried a teaspoon, and my cough subsided for a couple of hours. I took another teaspoon, and I felt slightly better for longer than that. Finally, I took another teaspoon before going to bed, and I slept all night through!

That was two days ago. Yesterday, I took one teaspoon in the morning, one at noon, and one at night, and today, I feel like a new person! My cough is gone, and my head is clear.

With a rough winter still ahead of us, I will surely keep this remedy in mind.

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!


*Tsipouro is a pomace brandy from Greece and in particular Thessaly, Epirus, Macedonia, Mani Peninsula, and the island of Crete. Tsipouro is a strong distilled spirit containing 40-45% alcohol by volume and is produced from the pomace—the residue of the wine press.

No comments:

Post a Comment