Sunday, September 6, 2015

“Dogs: Our Furry Best Friends”

My dad and me with my beautiful dogs Prince (Siberian Husky) and Champion (Belgian Shepherd)

I want to start with a phrase of author and photographer, Roger Caras:

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

I love dogs, and during my life I had several of these beautiful and faithful friends to keep me company through good and bad times—happiness and sorrow.

Come to think of it, I believe that a dog can be a better friend than a human. And, I’ll tell you some of the reasons why:

★ He’s ALWAYS there for you

★ He doesn’t JUDGE you

★ He loves you UNCONDITIONALLY

★ You mean the WHOLE WORLD to him

★ He shows GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION because that’s the way he feels and not because that’s the way he’s supposed to act

★ He remains at your side through good AND BAD TIMES

★ You’re his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY

★ He loves you EVEN when you’re moody, upset, or even mad

★ He REMINDS you that you can find happiness in the simple things in life

★ He SUPPORTS you even when you make mistakes

★ He ENCOURAGES you even when you’re down the drain

★ He STAYS by your side even when you’re upset, and you send him away

★ He KEEPS all your secrets

*I apologize for using “he” instead of “she” or “he/she” but it’s the force of habit since I always had male dogs.

Here is another great quote about dogs by actor, Johnny Depp:

“The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”

Do you agree or disagree that a dog could be a better friend than a human?

Can you think of any other reasons why a dog could be considered a man’s best friend?


My little Duke (another Belgian Shepherd)

No comments:

Post a Comment