Sunday, September 6, 2015

“Dogs: Our Furry Best Friends”

My dad and me with my beautiful dogs Prince (Siberian Husky) and Champion (Belgian Shepherd)

I want to start with a phrase of author and photographer, Roger Caras:

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

I love dogs, and during my life I had several of these beautiful and faithful friends to keep me company through good and bad times—happiness and sorrow.

Come to think of it, I believe that a dog can be a better friend than a human. And, I’ll tell you some of the reasons why:

He’s ALWAYS there for you

He doesn’t JUDGE you

He loves you UNCONDITIONALLY

You mean the WHOLE WORLD to him

He shows GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION because that’s the way he feels and not because that’s the way he’s supposed to act

He remains at your side through good AND BAD TIMES

You’re his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY

He loves you EVEN when you’re moody, upset, or even mad

He REMINDS you that you can find happiness in the simple things in life

He SUPPORTS you even when you make mistakes

He ENCOURAGES you even when you’re down the drain

He STAYS by your side even when you’re upset, and you send him away

He KEEPS all your secrets

*I apologize for using “he” instead of “she” or “he/she” but it’s the force of habit since I always had male dogs.

Here is another great quote about dogs by actor, Johnny Depp:

“The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”

Do you agree or disagree that a dog could be a better friend than a human?

Can you think of any other reasons why a dog could be considered a man’s best friend?


My little Duke (another Belgian Shepherd)

No comments:

Post a Comment