Saturday, August 13, 2022

Negative thoughts are not who we are

 


Life is never easy. We all have to deal with problems and minor to major crises every day.

This morning, I had my share of crisis—a minor one, thank goodness. And after I had taken care of things, I exercised for about half an hour. Exercising helps me relieve stress.

Then, I retreated to my office to work on my new novel. Reading and writing help me relax and take my mind off things.

Mens sana in corpore sano” in Latin, or “Νους υγιής εν σώματι υγιεί” in ancient Greek means “A healthy mind in a healthy body”. The phrase is used in sports and education to express the theory that exercise is essential to mental and psychological well-being. I believe that is true, and despite life’s ups and downs, I try to retain a healthy body and mind to go on and do all the things I have to do.

And one more thing that keeps me going is positive thoughts. So, whenever I face a negative situation, I keep thinking: “Negative thoughts are not who I am. They don’t belong to me. I have only good thoughts for myself and everyone else.”

So, stay positive, my friends. Negative thoughts are not who you are.

Best wishes,

Angel Sefer


No comments:

Post a Comment