Saturday, April 6, 2013

We all do things differently – we all have are own style

The same holds for writing or anything else. Some writers create first an outline and write the book based on that. I start my novels by sitting down and writing the first sentence that comes to mind and I go on from there. The book unfolds in my mind, as I go on and I don’t know what’s going to happen a few pages later. It just comes to me. The dialogues, the twists and turns, the unfolding of the hero’s and heroine’s characters, it just comes as I go. I enjoy it this way. It comes natural and I feel free to create. I don’t have to stick to a certain outline or anything.

When my aunt read one of the novels I was writing, she was all excited and asked me “Wow! What happens next?” And I honestly told her “I don’t know. I’ll find out, when I write about it.”

Please, feel free to share your own writing style. How do you create your books? Do you have the story outlined in your mind when you start, or not?

1 comment:

  1. I’m not really a writer, but I have written some short stories in the past- basically, stories for children. I wrote the same way, you’re describing – just started with the first sentence and went on from there. It kind of works for me this way; I don’t get frustrated to have the outline worked out in my mind, before I get started writing the story.

    ReplyDelete