Friday, August 30, 2013

This book LITERALLY sucked me in with the very first paragraph!!! Look farther down to get a peek at it!!

This book was page after page of constant action! Seriously, check out the very first paragraph of this book:


Jackie stopped dead in her tracks. What was that? A light noise coming from somewhere in the back of the mansion turned her blood to ice. She immediately turned the flashlight off and stood still, holding her breath. Her mouth went dry. What if there was someone in the mansion? How would she explain who she was and what she was doing here in the middle of the night? Then again, would her explanations make any difference to whomever, or even worse whatever, was out there? The old mansion was pitch black, far away from any civilized soul and the owner dead. Who could it be?
~ Chapter 1, Paragraph 1, Spellbound in His Arms
I’m not sure I can tell you how very much I enjoyed this book! It really was fly by the seat of your pants! Every time things finally calmed down for Jackie – BAM – she was off and running again! It was so much fun! I like the ways that Michael finds her and helps her. Because is could have very easily been redundant, but each time he was able to was a totally different circumstance. Sometimes it was easy, sometimes not.
I had a very hard time putting this book down because it is so action packed! It is not a super long book, but it just flew by. I couldn’t believe how much happened and I don’t think she wasted a single word! J I think very few authors would be able to pack that much into a book and make it believable. Of course I was rolling my eyes at Jackie a couple of times and thinking “uh-oh, here she goes again!”, but the events were such that I believed she had no choice.
The bottom line – get this book, you won’t regret it. It was a fun book and a little like your favorite roller coaster. Two people falling in love, yet they don’t quite trust each others…..hmmmm…..LOVE IT!!
To read more, please visit:
To read this review on Amazon, please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment