Saturday, May 17, 2014

"A captivating mystery with a vintage feel"

Another wonderful 5 Star review for newly released "Deadly Secrets"

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating mystery with a vintage feelMay 16, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Deadly Secrets (The Greek Isles Series) (Kindle Edition)
In Deadly Secrets, Helena goes back to the Greek island of Mykonos to reconnect with her father’s relatives and try to find some answers about his mysterious disappearance thirteen years ago. However, the stunning beauty of the Aegean island is shadowed by a strong sense of foreboding, as she gradually sees that people around her hold deep and dark secrets that put her life to danger. The last straw is to find herself bound to an overbearing, impossible man. His words are full of scorn, but his searing kisses tell a different story. Confused and scared, Helena wants nothing more than to return to England and her uninspiring but safe life there. But she knows that if she does, she'll leave half of her heart behind.

Having read and thoroughly enjoyed Spellbound in His Arms, Ms Sefer’s first installment in The Greek Isles series, I picked up the second book and I'm glad I did. As a romance reader I crave for a happy ending, but I want some grit in the language or characters, and that’s not Ms Sefer’s style who opts for a sweeter approach. But the feel I get from her books remind me of my favorite classic mystery writers, MM Kaye and Mary Higgins Clark, who also chose exotic locations for their novels. I get the same fuzzy nostalgic feel that stays with me even after the reading ends. The story here is very well-paced, not description-heavy and the unexpected twists made me finish the book in two sittings in a single day.

If you enjoy sweet romances with a strong mystery vibe, Deadly Secrets will not disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment