Sunday, March 30, 2014

Interview with Women's Fiction Author Adrienne Thompson

I’m delighted to welcome my author friend Adrienne Thompson to my blog.


Adrienne Thompson is the author of the popular women's fiction series “The Bluesday Series” and “The Been So Long Series”, as well as the novels “See Me”, “When You’ve Been Blessed (Feels Like Heaven)”, and “Your Love Is King”.


Adrienne, thank you for coming. Let’s talk about one of your books. How about “Your Love is King”? I love this title, and I would like to find out more about this novel. Could you please give us in a short paragraph a summary of the book?

Divorced nurse and single mom, Marli Meadows, finds herself stuck in a rut. She’s tired of her life and decides to leave it behind and embark on a search for change. What she finds instead, is love.


Wow! That sounds good. Are any of the characters or situations used in your book based on real life experiences?

As with all of my books, the characters and situations are loosely based on occurrences and people from my life and/or the lives of the people around me.


That’s very interesting. Now, please tell us, what would you like readers to grasp from your book?

I would like for them to grasp that no matter the level of brokenness they have experienced or are experiencing, they can be healed and they are worthy of love and acceptance.


Very inspiring, Adrienne. Could you please share a little about you?

Sure. Here’s my bio:
Adrienne Thompson has worn many titles in her lifetime–from teenage mother to teenage wife to divorcee to registered nurse to author. This mother of two young adults and one teenager currently resides in Arkansas with her daughter where she writes and publishes her stories full time and spoils her one and only grandchild.


Could you share with us, what was the emotional experience tied to writing?

I am very much in tune with my characters and the things I put them through, lol. To me, they are real, feeling and breathing people. When they are sad, so am I. When they are happy, I smile. Their experiences are real for me and I hope they are real for my readers as well.


Now, could you please describe your writing style? Do you create an outline first and write the book based on that, or do you start writing the first sentence that comes to mind and go on from there?

My writing process is very organic. On my best day, I am nothing more than a conduit for the story. I don’t use outlines. The most I might do is write a short summary that includes the names of the characters and a quick overview of the story. Other than that, I just sit down and write and watch as the story unfolds.


Please, describe your writing environment.

As a woman who has raised three children alone, I can tune out just about anything, so I can write anywhere and anytime as long as I have a comfortable chair, a bathroom nearby, and a cup of water.


Do you use a pen name and if so, why?

No, I use my actual, legal name.


What kind or books/genres are your favorites?

I love reading suspense thrillers/mysteries and realistic women’s fiction. Basically, I love anything that will make me turn the pages and keep me on my toes.


When did you start to write?

Like most authors, I’ve been a writer for most of my life, albeit I never shared any of my work with anyone. Growing up, I wrote a lot of poetry because it was therapeutic for me. I didn’t write my first novel until 2009.


What current projects are you working on?

I am working on a continuation to my Bluesday series titled Locked out of Heaven. I am also working on a follow up to my novel, Your Love Is King titled, Better.


Who is your favorite author?

That would be a tie between James Patterson, Terry McMillan, and Bernice McFadden.


How many books have you written?

I have written and published 11 books so far, with two more planned for this year. I have also contributed to a collection of non-fiction stories titled Just Between Us. That collection is currently available for free in all electronic formats.


Do you have a website where we can keep up with your work?



How can we follow you on Twitter and/or Facebook?


Where can we find your books?

My books can be purchased by visiting the following sites:

Kindle and paperback:  http://ow.ly/fxVXG  
Amazon UK: http://ow.ly/miFUU


Thanks so much, Adrienne for coming and congratulations on your success!


No comments:

Post a Comment