Saturday, January 18, 2014

Every writer can relate to this wonderful post by my author friend Effrosyni Moschoudi

CONFESSION FROM A NEWBIE (PLUS A SPONTANEOUS #FF!)

Just under four months ago, having had my fill of rejection letters from literary agents, I signed up on the spur of the moment with a random indie publisher on the web. Now, I know I should have asked around first but in my defense, I was all alone in this back then and knew nobody. Anyway, to cut a long story short, my debut novel got distributed across all major online stores and just like that, I became an indie author. Until then, I had done virtually no research; a mistake that I got to rue painfully once I finally did! The first mistake I realized I had made was the fact that I had done things backwards: instead of promoting my bookbefore the launch, I launched it first and then started to promote it. What followed my shocking realization was a hectic and stressful period of three months where I researched the internet daily for promotional tools & tips while trying at the same time to build a platform on the social media...

No comments:

Post a Comment